Imagine FutureEd Contest
- NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR TO WIN. ALL FEDERAL, STATE, LOCAL AND MUNICIPAL LAWS AND REGULATIONS APPLY. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
- Eligibility. Subject to the additional restrictions below, the Imagine FutureEd Contest (the “Contest”) is open to legal residents of the United States who are either: (a) between the ages of 13 and 18 years old. Employees of KnowledgeWorks Foundation (“Sponsor”), including any of its affiliated companies, subsidiaries, and advertising and promotional agencies, and the family members of, and any persons domiciled with, any such employees, are not eligible to enter or to win. The term “family members” includes spouses, parents, grandparents, siblings, children, grandchildren and in-laws, regardless of where they live.
- How To Enter. The Contest will begin at 12:00 PM Eastern Standard Time (“EST”) on February 20, 2017 and end at 11:59 PM EST on March 27, 2017 (the “Contest Period”). Sponsor will be the official timekeeper for the Contest.
To enter, visit imaginefutureed.knowledgeworks.org and submit your Qualifying Entry. A Qualifying Entry is an entry that: (a) is your original work product and is submitted in English; (b) provides a less-than-500-word written scenario (story about the future) describing a possible future of learning; (c) provides an accompanying less-than-250-word written reflection on insights, the process, and learning surfaced from the process; and (d) includes all other information required during submission (collectively, the “Scenario”).
Optional: Though not required, Qualifying Entries may also include a photograph, drawing, or digital rendering of an artifact from the future (an object that exists in the written scenario) and an accompanying less-than-250-word written reflection on insights, the process, and learning surfaced from the process (collectively, an “Artifact”). The artifact is optional, but if an artifact is submitted, a reflection on the artifact is required. Entries that only include an Artifact are not Qualifying Entries and will not be considered.
Adult Facilitators: Entries for eligible participants may be submitted by adult (18 years or older) facilitators assisting the eligible participant (each, a “Facilitator”). By submitting an entry, each Facilitator represents and warrants that the eligible participant is aware of and agrees to terms in these Official Rules. Adult facilitators may be affiliated with more than one qualifying entry.
A maximum one (1) Qualifying Entry per person and per email address may be submitted during the Contest Period.
The use of multiple identities and/or accounts is prohibited, and any attempt to obtain more than the stated number of entries will void that participant’s entries and may result in participant’s disqualification. Incomplete, forged, altered, automated, mechanically-reproduced, lost, late, misdirected, garbled, or illegible entries, or entries that do not meet the size or formatting requirements specified above, will be disqualified. Sponsor will not be responsible for failure to receive entries due to transmission failures or technical failures of any kind, including, without limitation, malfunctioning of any network, hardware or software, whether originating with sender, Sponsor, or Sponsor’s Contest application service provider. In the event of a dispute, all online entries will be deemed to have been submitted by the owner of the ISP account from which they were sent, provided that such person satisfies all other Contest eligibility requirements. For these purposes, an ISP account holder shall mean the natural person assigned to such ISP account by the Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning ISP addresses for the domain associated with such ISP account.
All entries become property of Sponsor and none will be returned. In addition, Sponsor reserves the right to publish and distribute all or some of any winning and/or non-winning Qualifying Entry in a back-to-school lookbook and/or other publication.
Any questions regarding the number of entries submitted or the owner of an ISP account shall be determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion, and Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any entries by persons who submit false or misleading entry information or who Sponsor determines to be tampering with or abusing any aspect of the Contest.
- Entry Restrictions. Your entry (1) cannot contain any sexually explicit, disparaging, libelous or other inappropriate content (all as determined in the sole discretion of Sponsor); (2) cannot contain any commercial content that promotes any product(s) or service(s) other than Sponsor; (3) cannot contain any trademarks, copyrighted works or other intellectual property (other than works and intellectual property that you own). Any elements appearing in your entry must be entirely original, created by you, be in the public domain, or be an Authorized Asset. Use of any materials that are not original to you and/or not in the public domain may result in disqualification. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any entry that violates the foregoing restrictions, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion.
- Winner Selection.
At the end of the Contest Period a committee of judges selected by Sponsor that are experienced in education and/or foresight (“Judging Panel”) will select a total of six (6) winners from the following categories and associated judging criteria (“Criteria”):
Three (3) winning Scenarios from Qualifying Entries will be selected based on the following Criteria: (1) the Scenario’s connection to change happening today (33%); (2) the Scenario’s imaginative description of what might happen next (33%); and (3) a reflection of learning that occurred while creating the Scenario (33%).
Three (3) winning Artifacts from Qualifying Entries based on the following Criteria: (1) the Artifact’s connection to the Scenario (50%); and (2) a reflection of learning that occurred while creating the Artifact (50%).
Winners will be selected based on highest cumulative scores in each applicable category. In the event of a tie, Judging Panel rankings of applicable entries based on overall quality will be used as a tiebreaker. All decisions of the Judging Panel are final. All selected winners are subject to verification of eligibility and compliance with these Official Rules.
- Prize Description.
Three (3) Scenario Prizes: Subject to verification of eligibility and compliance with these Official Rules, each Scenario winner will receive an iPad Air 2 (32GB) with an approximate retail value (“ARV”): $436.92. Any Facilitator expressly identified with a winning Scenario entry will receive a $100 VISA gift card.
Three (3) Artifact Prizes: Subject to verification of eligibility and compliance with these Official Rules, each Artifact winner will receive a $150 VISA gift card. Any Facilitator expressly identified with a winning Artifact entry will receive a $100 VISA gift card.
The maximum ARV of all prizes to be awarded under this Contest is $2,360.76.
Limit: One (1) prize per person, except that a Scenario winner may also be an Artifact winner.
- Winner Notification and Acceptance. Potential winners will be notified on the email address provided on the potential winner’s entry form. In order to claim a prize, potential winner must respond to Sponsor’s notification within seven (7) days of notice or attempted notice.
Potential winners (and a parent or guardian if such winner is under 18 years) may be required to complete an affidavit of eligibility, and a liability and publicity release (except where prohibited by law), which must be notarized and returned within five (5) business days of notification.
Sponsor’s inability to reach a potential winner after a reasonable (as solely determined by Sponsor) effort has been made, the failure of a potential winner to timely respond to a prize notification, the return of any prize notification as undeliverable, and/or a potential winner’s failure to comply with any term or condition of these Official Rules may, in Sponsor’s sole discretion, result in the potential winner’s disqualification and the selection of a substitute winner based on scores according to the judging criteria of all remaining eligible entries received during the Contest Period.
A PARTICIPANT IS NOT A WINNER OF ANY PRIZE UNLESS AND UNTIL SPONSOR HAS COMPLETED ITS VERIFICATION OF PARTICIPANT’S ELIGIBILITY.
A winner may waive the right to receive a prize. Prizes are non-assignable and nontransferable and cannot be redeemed for cash. No substitutions allowed by winner. Prizes and individual components of prize packages are subject to availability. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute prizes with a prize of equal or greater value. Winner is solely responsible for reporting and payment of any taxes on a prize. Winner may be required to provide his/her valid Social Security Number to Sponsor for tax purposes and/or complete an IRS W-9 form in order to claim a prize. Winners are solely responsible for all federal, state and local taxes on prize value and, as applicable, will be issued an IRS Form 1099 based on the prize value determined by Sponsor. Prizes not won and claimed by eligible winners in accordance with these Official Rules will not be awarded and will remain the property of Sponsor.
- Participation. By participating, participants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor and any Contest judges or administrators selected by Sponsor, which are final and binding in all respects. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify persons found tampering with or otherwise abusing any aspect of this Contest as solely determined by Sponsor. Sponsor reserves the right to cancel or modify the Contest for any reason, including, but not limited to, in the event the Contest is compromised by a virus, non-authorized human intervention, tampering or other causes beyond the reasonable control of Sponsor which corrupt or impair the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper operation of the Contest as determined by Sponsor, in its sole discretion. Should the Contest be terminated prior to the stated expiration date, Sponsor reserves the right to award prizes based on the entries received before the termination date. Proof of sending or submission of an entry will not be deemed proof of receipt by Sponsor.
CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEB SITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES AND OTHER REMEDIES (INCLUDING ATTORNEYS’ FEES) FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
- Authorization. BY ENTERING THE CONTEST, YOU REPRESENT AND WARRANT THAT (I) YOUR ENTRY IS ORIGINAL, WAS LEGALLY OBTAINED AND CREATED, AND DOES NOT INFRINGE THE INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS OR OTHER LEGAL, EQUITABLE, OR MORAL RIGHTS OF ANY THIRD PARTY; AND (II) THE ENTRY YOU ARE SUBMITTING HAS NOT PREVIOUSLY BEEN PUBLISHED OR ACCEPTED FOR PUBLICATION AND IS NOT CURRENTLY UNDER CONSIDERATION FOR PUBLICATION.
- Publicity Release. BY ENTERING THE CONTEST, YOU AGREE THAT SPONSOR AND SUBSIDIARIES AND AFFILIATES, EACH SUCH COMPANY’S OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, REPRESENTATIVES, AND SUCCESSORS AND ASSIGNS (COLLECTIVELY, THE “RELEASED PARTIES”) HAVE THE ABSOLUTE RIGHT AND PERMISSION TO PUBLISH YOUR ENTRY ON THE WEBSITE AND TO BROADCAST, PUBLISH, OR OTHERWISE USE YOUR ENTRY AND/OR YOUR NAME, BIOGRAPHICAL INFORMATION, AND LIKENESS IN CONNECTION WITH THE CONTEST OR FOR ANY COMMERCIAL, PUBLICITY, OR PROMOTIONAL PURPOSE WITHOUT LIMITATION, REVIEW OR APPROVAL, OR COMPENSATION TO YOU. BY ENTERING, YOU GRANT THE RELEASED PARTIES AN EXCLUSIVE, ROYALTY-FREE AND IRREVOCABLE LICENSE AND RIGHT (BUT NOT THE OBLIGATION) TO TELECAST, BROADCAST, COPY, EDIT, ADAPT, MODIFY, REPRODUCE, PUBLISH, CREATE DERIVATIVE WORKS OF, DISTRIBUTE, USE, OR OTHERWISE PUBLICLY DISPLAY ANY OR ALL OF YOUR ENTRIES, OR ANY PORTION THEREOF, IN ANY MANNER OR MEDIUM THROUGHOUT THE WORLD IN PERPETUITY, FOR COMMERCIAL, PUBLICITY, OR PROMOTIONAL PURPOSES, AND TO LICENSE OTHERS TO DO SO, WITHOUT LIMITATION, REVIEW OR APPROVAL, OR COMPENSATION TO YOU.
- Indemnification. If any Released Parties’ use of your entry causes such Released Party to be subject to a claim by any third party, you agree to indemnify and hold harmless the Released Parties, and all persons acting by, through, under or in concert with them, against any and all damages, costs, judgments and expenses (including reasonable attorney’s fees) which the Released Parties (or any one of them) may incur as a result of the use of your entry.
- Release. BY PARTICIPATING IN THE CONTEST, EACH PARTICIPANT AGREES TO FULLY RELEASE, FOREVER DISCHARGE AND HOLD HARMLESS THE RELEASED PARTIES FROM AND AGAINST ANY CLAIMS, COSTS, LIABILITIES, LOSSES, INJURIES, AND DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF THE CONTEST, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, ANY CLAIMS FOR PERSONAL INJURY, DEATH, OR DAMAGE TO OR LOSS OF PROPERTY, LOSS OF ENJOYMENT, OR ANY OTHER HARM WHATSOEVER ARISING OUT OF: (1) PARTICIPATION IN THE CONTEST; (2) THE QUALITY, RECEIPT, POSSESSION, USE, OR MISUSE OF ANY PRIZE; OR (3) ANY TRAVEL OR ACTIVITY THAT IS RELATED TO THE CONTEST OR ANY PRIZE.
- Limitations of Liability. By PARTICIPATING IN the Contest, PARTICIPANTs acknowledge and agree that EVERYTHING REGARDING THIS CONTEST, INCLUDING THE WEB SITE AND THE prize(S), ARE provided “as is” and that Sponsor makes no representations or warranties OF ANY KIND, express or implied, about the Prize(S) and sponsor hereby DISCLAIMS all such warranties, including, but not limited to, any implied warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. (BECAUSE SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF CERTAIN IMPLIED WARRANTIES, THE ABOVE LIMITATION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. IN SUCH STATES, THE LIABILITY OF THE RELEASED PARTIES IS LIMITED TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY SUCH STATE LAW.)
The Released Parties are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by PARTICIPANTs, printing OR PRODUCTION errors, or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or EMPLOYED in the Contest; (2) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Contest; (4) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Contest, the processing of entries, or the notification of any winner; or (5) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from A PARTICIPANT’S participation in the Contest or receipt or use or misuse of any prize.
Only the number of prizes stated in these Official Rules is available to be won in the Contest. In the event that production, technical, seeding, programming, or any other reasons cause more than the stated number of prizes as set forth in these Official Rules to be available and/or claimed, Sponsor reserves the right to award the prize based which entries received the highest scores according to the judging criteria.
- Privacy. Submission of contact information in connection with this Contest (whether or not required), including without limitation mailing address, phone number, and email address, with or during entry constitutes permission for Sponsor to use entrant’s personal information for purposes of administration of the Contest.